Important 2015 Dates
- June 7th: Final day to submit an idea.
- June 8th – June 19th: Commenting and voting period. All session open for voting.
- June 2oth – June 29th: Judging panel and final selection by SOCAP15 Content Team
- June 30th: Winning sessions announced to session organizers.
The SOCAP conference hosts over 100 sessions that bring together entrepreneurs, funders, thinkers, and doers to grow the social capital markets. There is as much inspiration and experience in the crowd as on stage so we invite our community to help us plan this convening and design great sessions. Participation in this diverse and inclusive community only works if we follow a few guidelines both at the event and here on this platform:
- Respect diversity. Differences help make this ecosystem diverse and resilient. Here on SOCAP Open we expect you to express critique in a respectful and constructive way, helping to push ideas forward. We will flag any concerns, and do reserve the right in extreme circumstances to ask community members to take it elsewhere if their critique proves less than respectful.
- Keep it on topic. Social innovation is a broad umbrella, which is just how we like it because we get so many interesting ideas intermingling at our event from various sectors and industries. We welcome a wide variety of submissions, but please make sure the topic fits underneath the umbrella of social innovation.
- SOCAP is a conversation amongst equals. Because this is a community conversation, speakers pay to participate in the convening just like those who come and participate. If your session idea is selected, we will offer a free ticket to you as the session organizer. Other speakers will receive a speaker discount code to purchase tickets for the whole event, or may attend for just the session they are speaking on.
SUBMITTING AN IDEA
What are my obligations as a SOCAP session organizer?
Who can submit an idea?
How many ideas can I submit?
Can I edit my proposed idea?
Can we submit sessions after the deadline?
How do I select my session type?
How do I select my session level?
How do I tag my session?
What are supporting materials?
Will my contact information be publicly available?
What does SOCAP suggest for a successful selection of fellow participants?
Can I enter an idea submission on behalf of an organizer?
SUGGESTIONS FOR SUCCESS
What makes for a good title?
How descriptive should I get?
How important is correct spelling, grammar, and punctuation in my proposal?
I have a product or service I think SOCAP audiences need to hear about. Can I propose a session to promote my idea?
Why do I have to check all the boxes on the Submit Your Idea page before I can submit my idea?
Do I need to have other speakers confirmed when I submit my panel idea?
What if I want to propose a speaker for my session that I don’t currently have contact with?
Do I have to have a moderator if I propose a panel?
What sort of speaker lineup makes for the best presentations?
How do I engage with comments?
Can I encourage voting for my proposal on my blog or via my social media channels?
How long is a session?
Are there videos of past sessions that I can browse?
How many sessions will SOCAP Open have at the conference?
How much weight do votes from the public have in the selection process?
Who can vote?
How many times can I vote for a session?
Why don’t you share the # of votes each session receives?
How can my idea compete with individuals and organizations that have more resources, a broader reach, etc?
What is the SOCAP Advisory Board?
Do you have any specific programming needs for SOCAP15?
If I have spoken at SOCAP before, is my proposal more likely to be accepted?
Do I or any of my panelists get free admission to SOCAP if our idea is selected?
If my idea is selected, does SOCAP pay for my travel or lodging?
If my idea is selected, how will SOCAP support the success of my session?